The Transformers Special Event Series returned to the North Coast in November 2018. Held in Byron Bay and Coffs Harbour the theme was
ALLIANCE BASED OUTCOMES & SUSTAINABILITY.
137 service providers, ranging from primary health, social and community services, allied health and employment came together with university lecturers, students, local government and consumers to explore ways to plan, contribute and collaborate effectively.
Our aim for the series was to give service providers:
- specific examples of alliance-based models
- a base understanding of the structure, governance and workforce skill required of alliance-based contracts
- confidence to try a more shared and cross-sector approach to service delivery
- tools for overcoming constraints and barriers
Topics discussed at Transformers III included:
- the rationale for working together
- the growth and impact of alliances
- lessons from the construction industry and accountable care organisations
- managing alliances effectively and developing a ‘one team’ culture
- defining, measuring and rewarding value
- the North Coast landscape and where we currently stand on shared investment
Examples of successful alliances included:
Group work explored:
- Services suitable for an alliance
- What builds trust in an individual, organisation or team
- Key challenges and issues faced by population cohorts when accessing care
- Strategies for bringing cross-sector parties together
- The role of future workforce
Photos from the event can be found on the Centre Facebook Page.