Call for Poster Presentations – Aboriginal Health
The Centre for Healthcare Knowledge & Innovation (the Centre), is seeking program abstracts as part of its upcoming Revisiting Aboriginal Wellbeing conference series. The goal for the collection of these abstracts is to:
- Better understand the programs currently being delivered in the North Coast to improve the lives of Aboriginal communities
- Create a portfolio of poster presentations for sharing information online and throughout the series
- Select 10-12 programs to deliver a short presentation as part of a ‘celebration of regional partnerships’ at our Understanding Today, Envisioning Tomorrow conference in February 2020.
We invite you to submit up to 3 projects that are DELIVERED IN PARTNERSHIP. These programs should celebrate the strengths of our region and be built on social, emotional, spiritual and cultural wellbeing principles.
- Disseminate your ideas and celebrate your achievements (all abstracts will be presented in poster form at the conference and online)
- Build relationships that could lead to future collaborations
- Receive two-free tickets to the conference (selected presenters only)
- Build credibility for your program to access funding opportunities
- Benefit from the insight of your peers and national bodies involved in the conference program
WHO CAN SUBMIT?
The Centre welcomes submissions from
- Aboriginal medical services
- General practice
- Allied health
- Local health districts
- Primary health networks
- Community health
- Aged care
- Mental health
- Non- government organisations
- Police and ambulance services
- Universities and TAFE
- Local governments
- Support groups and more.
The project or program must be focused on the wellbeing of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people and must be delivered in the North Coast footprint, which ranges from the Queensland border in the north to Port Macquarie in the south.
Submissions are due Monday 14 October 2019.
INTENT TO SUBMIT
If you are intending to submit one or more abstracts, please email Bronwyn Thirkell firstname.lastname@example.org telling us the name of your project and location. This will help with logistics and we can jog your memory if we don’t receive your submission before 9 October 2019.
The format for your poster should include:
- Introduction to the program/project (summary)
- Partners involved in the program/project
- Impact/lessons learned
- What’s next for the program/project
We look forward to receiving your submission/s and encourage you to share this invitation with others doing great work in the space of Aboriginal wellbeing. We also encourage you to save the date for our Revisiting Aboriginal Wellbeing showcase, which will be held at Angourie Rainforest Resort on 4 & 5 February 2020.
Introducing the Library Social Worker
Building Mentally and Physically Healthy Australians