A Message from Kerry Arabena
One of the most pressing challenges service providers have had over these last few months is preparing for the unpredictable. Just when you think things are looking up, a stumbling block appears.
This week, Melbourne has taken a hit. As the home base for our Cultural Determinants of Health facilitator and two of our panellists, this means we will once again push back the start date for the series.
Our plan is to start the series on September 1. We will bring the dates between webcasts closer together, meaning an end delivery date in early December. We hope you’ll join us then.
In the meantime, Kerry has a message for you.
To download Country Can’t Hear English, click here.
To send us your video:
1. Answer ONE of the following questions:
- What does culture mean to you and how does it define you?
- What do you like to do to connect to Country?
- What does kinship and community mean to you?
- How does spirituality and ancestry impact you?
- What does holistic health look like to you?
2. Film yourself
To do this using your computer in-built camera:
- Type ‘camera’ into your search bar
- Switch the setting to ‘take video’
- Push record and film yourself. Push stop video when done.
- In the bottom right hand corner you should see an image of your video. Click to access camera roll.
- With the video selected, click share and email the video to firstname.lastname@example.org
If using a webcam, connect the webcam first and open up the app.
If using your phone, record and video and email it to me.
Please note that video files tend to be quite large. You may like to send via DropBox:
Ask the Specialist: Larrakia, Tiwi and Yolŋu Stories to Inspire Better Healthcare