Lunchtime Leadership Series with Dr. Michael McAfee
Join Healthy North Coast CEO Julie Sturgess every Friday lunchtime in November and take a deep dive into leadership with Dr Michael McAfee – one of the world’s most sought-after speakers on racial equity and community and organisational development.
The Centre for Healthcare Knowledge & Innovation invites you to take a deep dive into leadership with Dr. Michael McAfee, President and CEO of PolicyLink. Every Friday in November from 12pm – 1:30pm, Healthy North Coast CEO Julie Sturgess will sit down with Dr. McAfee to discuss building leadership capability for collective impact.
Webinar 1: Leading for Collective Impact
Friday 6 November | 12pm – 1:30pm
Webinar 2: Taking Targeted Collective Action
Friday 13 November | 12pm – 1:30pm
Webinar 3: Building a Movement, Transforming Institutions
Friday 20 November | 12pm – 1:30pm
Webinar 4: Changing the Narrative
Friday 27 November | 12pm – 1:30pm
Details for each webinar can be found in the series program. Download here.
If you cannot make the live sessions, video recordings will be made available. Please register and we will notify you when recordings are ready.
About Dr. Michael McAfee
USA-based Dr. Michael McAfee is one of the world’s most sought-after speakers on community and economic development, leadership, organisational development, racial equity, and youth development. Through his role at PolicyLink he led the effort to make President Obama’s Promise Neighborhoods initiative a reality, improving outcomes for more than 300,000 children and investing billions of dollars in neighbourhoods of concentrated poverty.
Dr. McAfee is on a journey to build a legacy grounded in equity – just and fair inclusion into a society in which all are fully participating, prospering and reaching their full potential. He invites you to join him on this journey and gain understanding of how to:
- build collaborative leadership capacity and make the case for how your work contributes to desired outcomes for population health
- use the privilege of your seat (no matter where you’re sat) to lead with courage, let go as a leader and sit comfortably in discomfort
- enact policies and systems reforms that build up communities and call communities to step into their greatness
- create measurable improvements and gather evidence for highlighting achievements and results
- deploy, unleash and generate resources to shift the dial on common challenges
- embed equity in planning and implementation and prioritise authentic community engagement
- make contributions and use radical imagination to plug into the bigger picture